Note: Use Banishing Earth pentagrams under normal circumstances (pentagram drawn starting from lower left point up to top point etc.). Pentagrams should be made as large as possible- almost a meter high since you’ll start the drawing of one down by your left hip, and the top will be somewhere around the level of your forehead. Words in parenthesis are only for pronunciation guides or translation and are NOT to be spoken out loud.
1. Face East.
Visualize an Orb of White Brilliance above your head (at the crown Chakra and up to 10 inches/25cm in diameter roughly- I’ve heard anywhere between 4 – 10 inches so I just do what feels right). This is your ‘Kether’. When you can see it clearly and bright, reach your weapon (wand/athame) up into it, and bring down the light from it into your forehead and into the middle of your head- straight down from the orb of light.
Touching the forehead with the tip of the weapon say “Ateh.” (“Unto Thee”)
2. Bring the Light down through your Middle-Pillar/Pranic-Tube (an energy shaft that runs along the spine and straight through the middle of your body) while directing its movement with your weapon and imagine it shooting straight down into another large Orb of Light (this time brilliant Green) beneath your feet. (I usually point and thrust the weapon straight down with help from my other hand so that it points at the ground in front of me after directing the energy from Crown to Feet through the body.)
After directing the energy from Crown to Feet in the above manner, say “Malkuth.” (Malkooth – “the Kingdom”)
3. Now visualize a large Orb of brilliant Red Light interpenetrating your right shoulder. (It can be around 4 to 6 inches in diameter).
Touching the right shoulder with the tip of the blade, say “Ve-Geburah.” (Veh-Geboorah- “and the power”)
4. Visualize a large Orb of Brilliant Blue Light interpenetrating your left shoulder. Draw a line of Light connecting the Red Orb in your right shoulder with the Blue Orb in your left shoulder.
Touching the left shoulder with the tip of the blade, say “Ve-Gedulah.” (Veh-Gedulah- “and the glory”)
5. Sweep both hands down, out, then back up and around again in a circular motion, and come to rest over your heart. Clasping the hands upon the breast, visualize your heart to be a Brilliant Golden-yellow Orb (4 to 6 inches in diameter).
Say “le-OLAHM, AMEN.” (leh-Oh-Lahm, Amen – “to the ages, Amen“)
6. Facing East, make a Banishing-Earth pentagram with the wand/athame. (Neon blue is a common color to first see the pentagrams while tracing them. White or even fiery pentagrams may be visualized if that works better for you.)
Vibrate “YHVH” (Yod-Heh-Vav-Heh)
7. Turning to the South, make the same pentagram, but vibrate “ADNI” (Ah-DOH-nai)
8. Turning to the West, make the same pentagram, but vibrate “AHIH” (Eh-HEH-yeh)
9. Turning to the North, make the same pentagram, but vibrate “AGLA” (Ah-Geh-LAh)
10. Return East. Extend the arms in the form of a cross and say:
11. “Before me Raphael” (pronounced “Rah-Fay-el“)
The names of the angels may be vibrated and the macrocosmic forces themselves invoked while doing so. Visualize the forms of each angelic being appearing when their names are spoken/vibrated/invoked. Raphael may be visualized in the east beyond the drawn flaming pentagrams as a winged (or wingless) figure in flowing yellow robes, or just an abstract picture of winds and skies with golden-yellow swirlings and/or the sensation of breezes etc.
12. “Behind me Gabriel” (pronounced “Gah-bree-el“)
Gabriel may be visualized in the west beyond the flaming pentagrams as a figure in blue robes, or as something abstract like a shaft of water or a blue watery landscape with a towering chalice in front of it etc.
13. “On my right hand Michael” (pronounced “Mee-kai-el“)
Michael may be visualized in the south beyond the flaming pentagrams as a figure in red robes, or as something abstract like a column of fire with a fiery landscape behind him etc.
14. “On my left hand Uriel” (pronounced “Ur-ee-el“)
Uriel may be visualized in the north beyond the flaming pentagrams as a figure in green robes (or, in black robes accented with olive, citrine, and russet), or as something abstract like an earthy/grassy meadow-like landscape with a shaft of wheat in front of it etc.
15. “For about me flames the pentagram,”
16. “And in the column shines the six-rayed Star.”
17.-21. Repeat Qabalistic Cross (#’s 1 – 5 )